So beautiful! Riverview, also known as Lightfoot House was built in 1846. It is located on 1.2 acres in Port Royal, Virginia. The home has eight functioning fireplaces! There are original heart pine floors and working pocket doors. The home was once owned by Sally Tompkins. She was known as the “Angel of the Confederacy”. She was a humanitarian, nurse and philanthropist. She was the first woman to have been inducted into an army. General Abercrombie had his headquarters at the house during the Civil War. It is said that John Wilkes Booth drifted onto the property when he was fleeing capture. Four bedrooms, three bathrooms, and 4,080 square feet. $1,100,000
From the Zillow listing:
Own a piece of historical Virginia! Circa 1846, Riverview, also known as Lightfoot House, has been historically preserved but with a modern touch! Modern updates include side additions to enhance closet space, adding three full bathrooms, and traditional kitchen. It’s Greek revival style can be found throughout the home’s features including 8 functioning fireplaces, original pine wood floors, original pocket doors, and more. Own one of the largest historical homes in Port Royal with local legend history: Sally Tompkins “Angel of the Confederacy” owned the home, John Wilkes Booth is rumored to have drifted onto the property fleeing capture, and General Abercrombie had his headquarters at the house for a short period of time during the Civil War. Port Royal itself is among one of the earliest settlements in the area, established in 1652 and founded in 1744. ~ Call for a private tour
Let them know you saw it on Old House Life!